Holiday Accommodation Terms & Conditions
Fuller Holidays ABN 14 603 472 082
Thank you for choosing Fuller Holidays. By staying with us, you agree to adhere to the Terms and Conditions outlined below.
Interpretation: We, Us, Our, Agent - means Fuller Holidays ABN 14 603 472 082 its servants and agents. Licensee, Guest, you, - means the person(s) having been granted a licence to occupy the defined holiday premises.
By booking a holiday accommodation property with us and paying the deposit, you agree that you will be bound by and personally responsible for the performance of your obligations under these conditions of your Licence to occupy the premises for the purpose of a short-term holiday. Please take the time to read this carefully.
Fuller Holidays acts as a short-term booking agent only on behalf of premises owners. You acknowledge that We expressly exclude any liability whatsoever for any reason at all including and without limitation any personal injury, inconvenience, lack of suitability, disturbance, alleged misrepresentation, or alleged misleading conduct or statements, howsoever caused, and whether negligent or otherwise and you indemnify and hold us harmless from any actions, suits, claims or demands in relation to your occupancy of a holiday accommodation property, or any matter related thereto, and you agree that these terms and conditions may be pleaded as a complete bar to any action taken or contemplated by you against us.
1. To Make a Booking: A provisional booking may be made through our website www.fullerholidays.com.au, by phoning Fuller Holidays on 02 5642 0177, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provisional bookings/Booking requests are held for 24-48 hours only pending receipt of the Deposit. The minimum stay is 3 nights generally.
Third-Party Websites: Bookings made through third-party websites including AirBNB, Booking.com, Vrbo, Luxury Escapes, and any site that books a property on behalf of Fuller Holidays will fall under the terms and conditions set by Fuller Holidays of Booking even if the third party policies and cancellations are reflected differently on their website.
2. Deposit: To secure a reservation, a 50% deposit of the total tariff with $100 booking fee is required, within 24 hours of making a booking. A $100 non-refundable booking admin fee applies for all bookings. Should your deposit not be paid by this time, the booking will automatically be cancelled. Non-payment of the full 50% deposit will be deemed a cancellation of the booking. This deposit secures the booking and can be paid via bank transfer (see Section 5 for details) or via PayAdvantage through our website.
3. Security Bond: A Security Bond is required for all bookings. A Security Bond amount varies from $500 - $5000 depending on the type of booking, the property, and the booking dates. Security bond is to be paid thirty (30) days prior to arrival into our bank account. The security bond is refunded to you within 14 working days following a final inspection, and subject to the further conditions in this agreement, provided the premises are left in the same condition as at the start of the booking. If there is a charge against your bond over $300 there will be a surcharge of 10% on all invoices.
4. Holiday Rent: Final Payment must be paid 30 days prior to arrival. For Christmas, Easter, Schoolies, and Festival periods, the booking final payment must be paid 60 days before arrival (the “Due Dates”). All payments are to be made via direct deposit into the Fuller Holidays trust account provided in Section 5 below. Non-payment of the final payment will be deemed a cancellation of the booking. Access details and keys will not be provided until the full accommodation costs have been paid. Bookings made within the 30 and 60 days prior to arrival, require full payment on booking.
Bank Details for Direct Payments: All payments made to Fuller Holidays via direct deposit must be paid into our bank account details below:
Account Name: Byron Strata Trust Pty Ltd
BSB: 032 573
Account Number: 388 950
6. Tariffs Changes: Tariffs are subject to change without notice, this includes property upgrade, renovation, festival events, instructions from the owner, sale of the property, or genuinely misquoted accommodation tariffs.
7. Bookings 12 months in Advance: Licensees may choose to re-book 12 months in advance. This must be done before vacating. To secure a reservation 12 months in advance, a 25% deposit of the total tariff with $100 booking fee is required within 24 hours of making the booking. See sections 2 and 4 above.
8. Extending your stay: You are required to contact us and make payment in advance if you wish to extend your stay subject to availability.
9. Some properties or bookings may have additional terms and conditions which must be adhered to during your stay.
10. Cancellations, Changes and Alterations to booking dates or property booked: In the event of a cancellation due to COVID-19 restrictions in your area as per the government directive, your booking can be rescheduled to new dates subject to availability and tariffs. Each individual property has its own policies regarding cancellations due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please contact us for further information. A non-refundable $300 cancellation fee applies on all properties.
If a booking is cancelled, a refund is subject to a confirmed re-booking of the premises for the same dates and tariff by another guest. If a re-booking of the same premises is made by another party, and the tariff is less than the original quoted rate, then the balance is payable by you plus a $300 cancellation fee.
If for whatever reason you are not satisfied or choose to depart prior to your departure date, we do not refund license fees either in full or part thereof. No provision can or will be made for relocation if accommodation is not suited to your requirements upon arrival. It is your responsibility to ensure that the holiday accommodation property that you have booked is suitable for your requirements. If you require relocation to other premises that we have available, we will only facilitate this provided that full Licence Fees already paid are forfeited and full licence fees on any alternate premises is paid prior to occupancy. Guests cannot be relocated. Please ensure that you make appropriate enquiries regarding any holiday accommodation property, prior to booking.
11. COVID-19 Cancellations, Changes, Alterations to booking dates or property booked: In the event of a cancellation due to COVID-19 restrictions in your area as per the government directive, your booking can be rescheduled to new dates subject to availability and tariffs. Each individual property has its own policies regarding cancellations due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please contact us for further information. A non-refundable $300 cancellation fee applies on all properties.
12. Owner withdraws/unforeseen circumstances: The booking is made in good faith by us and may be subject to change or cancellation. In the event of the premises becoming unavailable to the Licensee by an owner’s decision, then we will inform the Licensee immediately and endeavour to obtain suitable alternative premises, failing which any monies paid will be refunded in full to the Licensee, less the non-refundable booking fee. The Licensee will not hold us or the owner responsible should any unforseen event occur. The agency and owner accept no liability for changes, cancellations, or unforeseen circumstances.
13. Sale: In the event the property is offered for sale, the Licensee agrees to allow the owner, or agents to inspect the property with prospective purchasers, provided that reasonable notice of an appointment is given. We accept no liability should a property be sold, and the booking cancelled. In this event all reasonable endeavours to find alternative accommodation, will be made by Us.
14. Inspection during your stay: During your stay, one of our staff members or agents may require access to the property to carry out an inspection for maintenance. We will give prior notice and arrange a suitable time for you. If this inspection is required, it cannot be refused.
15. Building works during your stay: Changes to the property grounds and/or surrounds, outside of our control, such as weather, erosion, council work and neighbouring renovations will not affect the quoted tariff. Fuller Holidays cannot accept responsibility for any disturbance, noise, or inconvenience guests may experience. We will advise you of these changes prior to your stay wherever possible. If you require relocation to other premises that we have available, we will only facilitate this provided that full Licence Fees already paid are forfeited and full licence fees on any alternate premises is paid prior to occupancy. Guests cannot be relocated.
16. Arrival and Check-In: Holiday properties are available from 3:00pm on the day of arrival. Keys may be collected on site with provided lock box code, or from the office of Fuller Holidays at 3/6 Jonson Street, Byron Bay. Opening hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm. By prior arrangement and provided rent has been paid in full, keys may be collected after hours from the key box outside our office, according to the instruction email sent to you prior to your arrival.
17. Check-out and Departure: Your property must be vacated no later than 10:00am on the day of departure. Please be aware that if you do not check out by 10:00 am, a late checkout fee of $100 or more will be deducted from your bond unless agreed in advance with us. Subject to availability, a late checkout may be arranged on arrival only through our office. The charge of $100 is applied to 11:00am. 10:00am to 12:00pm $200. Late check out after 1.00pm is an additional night’s tariff. Keys should be returned to us immediately upon departure. Keys must be returned after hours through the key return slot in the office front door. Fuller Holidays is unable to provide luggage storage.
The premises and grounds are to be left in a clean and tidy condition. The property must be left secure with all doors and windows locked. (Please ensure all dishes, glasses, pots, pans, etc. are washed and put back into cupboards, dishwasher must be emptied, all rubbish to be removed from property and placed in appropriate rubbish bins). All furniture must not be moved and must be in its original positio
18. Cleaning/ Complaint on arrival: If, on arrival, your property has not been cleaned or there are other items that need reporting, please contact the office immediately so we can instruct the cleaners to attend as soon as possible. We will not be held responsible for any delays by cleaning staff throughout the busy holiday season. If maintenance is required, access must be granted at the first available opportunity during your stay to rectify the issue so that we can resolve the problem. This may include carpet or lounge cleaning, and access for tradespersons. Our policy is that all issues must be addressed first by Fuller Holidays. No property relocation or refund is available
19. Description of Property: The description of the property is provided on our website and our listing. This description is given in good faith by us as a short-term booking agent on behalf of the premise’s owner. We are careful not to misrepresent any accommodation property. Fuller Holidays will not be held responsible for changes to and or items removed from the property after the time of your booking. The holiday property is furnished to the individual owner’s taste and style and Fuller Holidays takes no responsibility for any unmet expectations of guests, or any changes made by the owner to the décor, furnishings, and equipment in the premises.
20. Usage of Property: The property is to be used for holiday accommodation only. The use of a property for a function, a party of any other like gathering is strictly prohibited. It is not to be used to hold a party, group gathering, wedding ceremony, wedding reception, or any other function including business or commercial use unless agreed with the owner in advance, in writing. Should it come to our attention that a booking has been made, other than for accommodation purposes only or that the property is being used in a manner which is in breach of this clause, we reserve the right to cancel the booking at any time, refuse key collection upon arrival, and/or evict the occupants. An additional charge will be incurred and payable up to and including $5000 should any type of function or gathering be held in the property as well as loss of full security bond will apply. You will be held fully responsible where any damage has occurred, for any additional cleaning and/ or replacement costs which will be charged to your nominated credit card and/or deducted from the security bond and you expressly authorise us to do so in that regard. Neither the whole nor any part of the property shall be sub-let without permission.
21. Council regulations: 2.5.2 A guest must not at any time during the occupancy period: (a) create noise that because of its level, nature, character, or quality, or the time it is made, is likely to harm, offend, or unreasonably disrupt or interfere with the peace and comfort of neighbours and other occupants of the premises (b) act in a violent or threatening manner towards neighbours or other occupants of the premises (c) act in a manner that could reasonably be expected to cause alarm or distress to neighbours and other occupants of the premises (d) use or enjoy the premises in a manner, or for a purpose, that interferes unreasonably with the use or enjoyment of common property by neighbours and other occupants of the premises in a strata or community scheme (e) intentionally, recklessly or negligently cause damage to premises, any common property or any other communal facilities within the immediate vicinity of the premises, or any public property in the vicinity of the premises (f) intentionally, recklessly or negligently damage the personal property of neighbours of the premises or other occupants of a strata or community scheme. This section is an offence provision under section 54C of the Act.
22. Number of Persons: The number of guests must not exceed number specified in the booking and failure to adhere to this will mean a charge of $100 per person per night and / or immediate cancellation of the booking with no refund. This will be deducted from the security bond.
23. Self-Contained Holiday Accommodation and Linen: this includes linen and towels only. Please note that your property is fully self-contained, however it is not a serviced property. Servicing can be arranged during your stay at an extra charge. Beach towels may or may not be provided. For additional items during your stay such as cots, highchairs, beach towels, etc may be ordered through Byron Bay Holiday Hire 02 6685 6247 prior to arrival and paid directly by guest.
24. Animals: We have a small number of properties that are pet friendly, please check our website. An additional pet bond of $500 is applicable to all bookings with a $185 flea treatment charge payable with the tariff. Unless otherwise advised in writing, pets are not allowed in or on holiday premises and grounds at any time.
25. Noise: is a serious issue in Byron Bay. No noise or unacceptable behaviour to neighbours will be tolerated at any time. Noise means any sound that can be heard from neighbouring properties that disturbs their peace and quiet. All music must be turned off by 7:00pm and care taken at all hours when you are outside. Failure to comply with this clause may result in heavy fines imposed by Byron Shire Council and the Byron Bay Holiday Letting Organisation. You will be registered on the Short-Term Holiday Letting Register with NSW Fair Trading for breach of letting conditions and may be restricted to book accommodation in the future within NSW. If Security personnel or the Police are called to a noise complaint a charge of $500 will be payable and you will be evicted immediately. If a booking is terminated in accordance with the provisions of this clause, no refund of rent or security deposit will be given, and you agree that any such rent or bond withheld is genuine compensation for loss occasioned by you.
26. After Hours Callout: If a staff member is called out outside the hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm Mon-Fri, (for example a noise complaint, loss of keys or lockout), a $500 callout fee will be incurred by the Licensee which is payable before the end of the tenancy. Callouts between the hours of 10:00pm and 7:00am will incur a $500 fee.
27. Breaches: Any breach of this agreement may result in immediate termination of your booking and includes inspection of the property at any time without notice.
28. Keys/and remotes: Any loss of keys or remotes will require a full change of locks at the property payable by the guest. If any restricted master keys are lost or misplaced, ALL locks for that property must be changed by Locksmiths at a cost [in the vicinity of $150 to $800]. You must always maintain the security of the property.
29. Repairs to Appliance: During your stay, we will endeavour to have repairs to appliances attended to as soon as possible after being reported. However due to circumstances beyond our control [e.g., having to order parts or non-availability of trade’s people] immediate repair may not be possible. No responsibility is accepted by us in such circumstances. There will be no refunds or discounts deducted from tariffs for unusable appliances awaiting repair. If repairs cannot be attended to promptly, we will use our best endeavours to supply a substitute appliance if possible.
30. Damages and Extra Cleaning: The premises and grounds are to be left in a clean and tidy condition. Failure to do so will incur a charge for extra cleaning which will be deducted from your security bond. Extra cleaning will be charged and calculated on the number of hours required over the standard clean. If a BBQ is provided, must be cleaned thoroughly on departure or a cleaning fee of $110.00 will apply. All damages, breakages or losses to the property, furniture and furnishings are to be reported to us immediately on arrival or during your stay, and if applicable are paid for within the licence period. Should the Licensee discover a breakage or fault on arrival please advise this office immediately, otherwise we will consider this to be your responsibility and you will be charged accordingly.
31. Garbage: All garbage is to be placed in outside bins provided. Removal costs and tip fees will be deducted from security bond if excess rubbish has been left by the Licensee. It is the duty of the Licensee to put the garbage (red) or re-cycle (yellow) on the kerb side outside the property on the correct collection day as indicated in the property.
32. Smoking or Vaping: All holiday accommodation is NON-SMOKING INDOORS. If you will be smoking or vaping on or around the property, please dispose of all ashes and cigarette butts accordingly.
33. Insurance: No responsibility is taken for guest’s personal property left on the premise. Landlords’ insurance does not cover loss/ and or damage to guest belongings.
34. Schoolies: If you wish to make a Schoolies booking on the website, the correct schoolies tariff will not have been quoted. You are required to contact this office for the current schoolies rates. Your booking is not confirmed, even if monies have been paid and an email is received confirming your deposit, until the tariff has been adjusted and confirmed by a staff member in writing. Upon making your schoolies booking you must advise in writing to our office that the intention of the booking is for Schoolies and the total number of guests. Your property strictly forbids parties and gatherings, please note failure to comply will result in loss of bond and immediate termination.
Fuller Holidays ABN 14 603 472 082 reserves the right to alter, cancel or change any of these Terms and Conditions as a result to changes in the holiday market, changes in Legislation, or the requirements of property owners, and Body corporate at any time without notice. These changes will override any terms when you originally booked your property.